No Risk Too Great
- Uranium/Plutonium Fission is outlawed by international law.
- Even the production of enriched uranium or plutonium is illegal
- Thermonuclear fusion weapons have been designed in theory, but never developed. As they would require atomic fission triggering mechanisms, their use is also illegal.
- Thorium reactors are the most common industrial powersource, though solar, hydro, and even some fossil fuels are still in use.
- Reactors can be made small enough to be used in individual buildings or large vehicles.
- Liquid oxygen and solid fuels are used for everyday surface to orbit launches, supplemented by high altitude scramjets.
- Spacecraft generally utilize thorium reaction rockers, electric ion drives, as well as some solar sails. More exotic drive systems are in experimental development.